Chico & Nunes provides legal and strategic business advice to clients navigating issues involving the cannabis industry. We represent clients in matters relating to the cultivation, transportation and dispensing of medical and recreational cannabis, hemp-derived cannabidiol (CBD) and related products.
The complex web of local, state and federal laws that impact businesses engaged in and serving the cannabis industry continues to evolve. Our attorneys have expertise in the legal, business and policy issues in this dynamic area, including through:
- Advising clients on state and municipal rules for cannabis-related businesses, including zoning, applications, community meeting requirements, voting petition rights and governmental presentations.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial property leases for medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries and cultivation centers
- Providing strategic and regulatory counseling for transportation and other businesses serving the cannabis industry
- Advising employers in various industries with a local and national presence on developing drug testing policies and employee manuals
- Drafting and negotiating corporate and financing documents for companies in the cannabis industry
- Assisting minority-owned and women-owned enterprises (MBE/WBEs) and other clients in the license application process for cannabis-related businesses, including applicable social equity programs