Chico & Nunes provides legal and strategic business advice to clients throughout the construction industry, including general and specialty contractors, design-build contractors, construction managers, material and equipment suppliers, owners, developers, design professionals and insurers. Our construction attorneys have developed and maintained expertise in the following areas:
- Litigating commercial and contract claims and lawsuits, including payment disputes, construction delay, termination and suspension issues, breach of warranty, fraud and insurance coverage matters
- Analyzing, drafting and negotiating contracts, master service agreements, proposals and other legal instruments
- Litigating mechanics lien and bond claims
- Defending claims and lawsuits involving personal injury or property damage
- Providing outside general counsel services, including advice and strategy on a wide variety of legal and business issues
- Advising clients on OSHA matters, including emergency response, compliance, abatement, citation contests and appeals
- Prosecuting and defending complex construction defect and design claims
- Representing clients through all stages of the bidding and contracting process
In addition to legal services, we identify contract and partnering opportunities and offer strategic business counseling to assist our construction industry clients in successfully pursuing new projects and opportunities. We have extensive experience facilitating teaming arrangements between prime contractors and ACDBE and M/W/DBE firms, and assisting our clients in meeting all government procurement requirements and positioning themselves favorably in the procurement evaluation process.
With years in the industry, our construction team offers a unique, bottom line approach to clients seeking dynamic business growth and sophisticated legal counsel.