Olivia M. Urso's practice focuses on commercial litigation. She has experience in all phases of litigation, from pleadings and discovery through trial, as well as in alternative dispute resolution. She has represented both individuals and corporate clients in a variety of commercial cases, including contract and business tort litigation, equitable actions and injunctions, and insurance coverage litigation. Prior to joining Chico & Nunes in October 2020, Olivia was an associate attorney in a boutique law firm specializing in corporate litigation.
Olivia previously clerked for the City of Chicago Building and License Enforcement Division, where she represented the City in administrative hearings related to code enforcement. At the beginning of her career, Olivia’s practice focused on personal injury litigation, where she was able to gain trial experience as a new attorney.
Olivia earned her J.D. and Certificate in Advocacy from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 2016.
- Represented plaintiffs in personal injury and medical malpractice cases, including failure to diagnose and medical products liability cases
- Represented employer in lawsuits arising from breach of non-compete and non-solicitation provisions in employment contracts
- Defended air-ambulance carrier company in multiple negligence lawsuits
- Represented seller in connection with buyer’s wrongful termination of purchase agreement
- Represented tenant in dispute over contractual right of first refusal
- Settled multi-million-dollar lawsuit involving claims of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud against insurance brokerage firm
- Represented hotel and restaurant owners in business formation and obtaining trademark registrations
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2016 with Certificate in Advocacy
- B.A., University of Central Florida, 2013
Professional, Civic and Community Engagement
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association