Larry Adelson brings 20 years of corporate and real estate experience to Chico and Nunes, P.C. Mr. Adelson was Chief Executive Officer of Heartland Partners, a publicly listed real estate partnership. He has also been Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of an AMEX-listed electronics manufacturing company, and VP-General Counsel of a NYSE-listed diversified holding company. Larry has been a director of public and private companies. He has acquired and sold operating companies.
Mr. Adelson has developed major mixed-use, residential and commercial projects across the United States. He has substantial experience with distress situations, particularly those involving real estate.
A graduate of Harvard Law School, Mr. Adelson has been Chairman or President of a number of civic organizations in Chicago and Milwaukee. He also appeared as an "expert" on the Onion News Network’s coverage of the 2012 Mayan Apocalypse.
Real Estate Transactions
- Corporate Headquarters: represented global corporation in the relocation of its headquarters to Chicago.
- Fast Food Portfolio: Represented buyer of 23 fast food restaurants.
- Mixed Use: Negotiated Planned Development, Tax Increment Financing, and air rights for 2,000 residential units, public parklands and 80,000 square feet of retail space including a Jewel/Osco supermarket for former rail yard. Built and sold 25-story high rise condominium building as first phase of Kinzie Station in Chicago's West Loop.
- Public/Private: Structured land exchange and reciprocal operating agreements with state and local government agencies for 140-acre property next to Miller Park baseball park in Milwaukee, WI.
- Co-Disclosure Counsel for $1.8 Billion airport revenue bond issue.Co-Bond Counsel for $425 million Industrial Development Bond financing of properties in 25 states. Local counsel for Illinois and Wisconsin
- $41 Million hotel loan modification
- Buy-out of minority owner of large, diversified, privately-held business group
- Railroad: Represented Trustee in successful reorganization of Class 1 railroad.
- Technology Company: Negotiated prepackaged liquidation plan under Chapter 11 for publicly traded electronics manufacturer.
- Real Estate Company: Paid secured creditors, made cash distributions to partners, set up liquidation trust and hired trustee for listed real estate partnership.
- Receiver-represented court-appointed Receiver for a portfolio of defaulted Lehman Brothers multifamily loans.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA (1975); Editor, Harvard Law Review (1973-75)
- B.A. (Highest Honors), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (1972)
- Student at Large, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL (1970)