Kendall R. Maddix is an associate attorney who focuses her legal practice on real estate and land use and development, aviation operations, government procurement, public finance and diverse business certification issues. Since joining Chico & Nunes in 2021, Ms. Maddix has represented clients on matters relevant to commercial real estate projects, including acquisitions, dispositions, and leasing, submission of bids to airports around the country, and drafting various corporate agreements. She has advised clients regarding contract formation, creating business-transaction materials, and the preparation of procurement-related documentation to ensure each client receives the most favorable outcome possible.
Ms. Maddix also helps clients obtain and maintain certification as minority-owned, women-owned, and disadvantaged business enterprises.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Maddix handled general business issues for a large real estate developer in Chicago, including establishing and maintaining business entities and drafting purchase and sale agreements. She also worked in-house for a construction management company in Madison, Wisconsin drafting subcontractor agreements and reviewing insurance requirements.
Ms. Maddix received her J.D. from the University of Wisconsin Law School. She served as Managing Articles Editor for the Wisconsin Journal of Gender, Law and Society.
- Assisted as Underwriter’s Counsel in the closing of the sales of over $500 million in refunding debt certificates, general obligation bonds, and sales tax revenue bonds.
- Advised a leading rental car company in maintaining their position at multiple international airports.
- Represented a charter school management company in the acquisition of real property and application for tax exemption.
- Assisted national restaurant franchises in the submission of competitive applications for operating space at a major airport.
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin (2021)
- B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin (2018)
Memberships, Civic and Charitable
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin