Andrew M. Spangler, Jr. has represented clients in a broad range of complex commercial litigation matters for over 25 years, including franchise and distribution disputes, business torts, class actions, employment-related matters, licensing disputes and complex contractual litigation. Mr. Spangler has handled cases in trial and appellate courts, as well as before administrative tribunals, across the United States, including jury trials in New Jersey, Illinois and Wisconsin. He has also argued cases in several federal and state courts of appeals.
In addition, Mr. Spangler has represented nationally recognized motor vehicle manufacturers in franchise litigation with their dealers, including disputes relating to dealer terminations, add point disputes, dealer territory issues, and enforcement of facility standards.
Mr. Spangler also has extensive experience in municipal and state procurement law and has represented clients in disputes regarding bid protests, debarment proceedings, contract compliance issues and investigations regarding compliance with minority and women-owned business programs. He previously worked for the Chicago Board of Education, where he represented the Board regarding commercial contracting disputes, procurement disputes and vendor debarment proceedings.
Franchise and Distribution Disputes
- Represented national auto manufacturer in five-week jury trial regarding termination of franchise agreement.
- Represented national auto manufacturer before administrative tribunal regarding add point dispute.
- Represented national moving company in arbitration with former agent regarding amounts due under agency contract.
- Represented software company in licensing dispute regarding right to access source code.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in complex patent licensing dispute regarding royalties.
- Represented janitorial firm in Title VII race discrimination action filed by EEOC.
- Represented educational services company in Title VII race discrimination action.
- Represented finance company in class action regarding overtime wages.
- Represented temporary placement company in overtime wage actions.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in suit regarding enforcement of restrictive covenants.
Government Procurement and Contracting
- Represented national petroleum distributor in case regarding enforcement of long term contracts with local governments.
- Represented construction company in protest regarding alleged under payment for work performed under State contracts.
- Represented national provider of food services in IG investigation regarding municipal contract.
- J.D. Boston College (cum laude) 1992
- B.F.A. University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music 1984